Ministerio de Educacion

Drama in the service of mathematics and social justice

Ferreira, Mariana Leal (2016). Drama in the service of mathematics and social justice. Revista Internacional de Pesquisa em Educação Matemática, 6(1), pp. 309-322 .

Vista Previa
PDF - Versión Publicada
Disponible bajo la licencia Creative Commons No Comercial Sin Derivar.


URL Oficial: http://sbem.iuri0094.hospedagemdesites.ws/revista/...


In this essay, I argue that drama can be put in the service of mathematics education to promote social justice and human rights. The use of basic and simple theatre techniques in the classroom, in particular those involving mapping activities that bring people, land, and numbers together, can enhance the role that mathematics education plays in the fight for justice across the globe. In a world where ethnic cleansing, refugee and immigration chaos, and climate catastrophes are on the rise, human suffering is widespread. It affects 7 billion people worldwide, that is, 99 percent of the population living on planet Earth. Meanwhile, the combined wealth of the richest 1 percent will very likely overtake that of the other 99 percent of people in 2016. The numbers clearly show the situation is quickly getting worse, not better, by any global or local measure. What can we do? This article presents an introduction of a promising attempt sprouting worldwide at bringing mathematics and theatre together to promote a better understanding of the ways in which mathematics can be embodied, brought into our body and under our skin, in order to empower communities to make sense of the world we live in and help create it.

Tipo de Registro:Artículo
Términos clave:12. Investigación e innovación en Educación Matemática > Marcos teóricos > Etnomatemática
12. Investigación e innovación en Educación Matemática > Marcos teóricos > Teorías de aprendizaje > Teoría social del aprendizaje
10. Otras nociones de Educación Matemática > Fines > Sociales
04. Alumno > Diversidad > Origen étnico-raza
11. Educación Matemática y otras disciplinas > Educación Matemática desde otras disciplinas
Nivel Educativo:Educación Secundaria Media (17 y 18 años)
Educación Secundaria Básica (13-16 años)
Educación Primaria (7-12 años)
Código ID:26427
Depositado Por:Monitor Funes 2
Depositado En:04 Jul 2022 10:36
Fecha de Modificación Más Reciente:04 Jul 2022 10:36

Personal del repositorio solamente: página de control del documento


Agregar Comentario